The Pumpkinvine Cyclery Story
Pumpkinvine Cyclery was established in 2010, just as the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail was nearing completion in Middlebury. We are a full-service bike shop, offering everything from repairs to rentals, and an array of bikes, accessories and apparel.
For the first 6 years, our bike shop was located in a small shopping plaza on the north side of town. In 2016, we relocated to be across from the trail's most popular access point, the Middlebury Dairy Queen. Its proximity to local trails makes it a convenient hub for cyclists. Riders experiencing equipment issues can drop by for some on-the-spot repair, or people considering a new bike can do a quick test ride out on the trail and out of town guests can rent bikes for an afternoon with access to convenient parking and changing rooms.
Both Spencer & Brittany, co-owners of Pumpkinvine Cyclery, were raised in Middlebury, and graduated from Goshen College. Spencer has worked as a bike mechanic since 2004 and is an avid cyclist himself. Brittany works with various public & non-profit community organizations to promote well connected parks and trails in Elkhart County. We look forward to seeing you soon in our bike shop!
Why Choose Pumpkinvine Cyclery?
1. Service - The concept is simple, "Treat people as you wish to be treated." Whether you ride for fun and just need us to fix a flat tire, or you need maximum performance out of your gear for an upcoming Ironman, we're here to help. But ultimately, we're just a bunch of people who want to see other people having fun on bikes.
2. Convenience - We're so close to the Pumpkinvine Trail you could throw a football at it. If an issue comes up on your ride, just stop by and we will take a look at it! We know it's not always easy to drop your bike off for repair, so we also offer pick up and delivery service.
3. Lifetime Free Adjustments - All new bikes purchased from our shop have this added benefit. Additionally, your first Annual Tune-Up is free of charge (within the first year of ownership)!
4. We carry brands that stand behind YOU - We carry brands that deliver great warranty support, and work as hard as we do to promote and support healthy communities and a healthy cycling industry. If they don't work for you, they won't work for us.
5. Our Staff - Each staff member is an expert in their unique area of cycling. From industry certified mechanics, to Bike Fit certified staff members, we want to ensure that your bike fits you, and works at the top of its potential.
6. Community - We work hard to be on the front lines, caring for our local trails, creating new ones and make biking safer and better for everyone; collectively, we volunteer more than five hours weekly to make our community better.
Meet Our Staff
"I’ve been in to biking since I was a kid, and spent most summers building dirt jumps and riding until dark. I worked for an entire summer mowing lawns to buy my first bike, and still have it hanging up at home. I started working professionally as a bike mechanic in 2004 and after graduating college, could not see myself working in any other industry. The opportunity came in 2011 to start my own bike shop, and here I am. It's pretty great going to work every day when you love your job."